Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Welcome to the Blog

A Peac-a Work was developed from a need to create:
  
I have been building and designing things from my earliest memories.  I remember things like building cars and buses from boxes.  My friends and I "drove" up and down the driveway for hours a day until there was nothing left of them.  I remember designing new clothes for my dolls.  Then there was my Girl Scout Troop, I was eight and the couple who were our troop leaders were working artists during their day jobs.  I thought that was the coolest thing ever.  Paris was their last name and I remember he was a graphic artist, who loved drawing detailed cartoons (at that time as a hobby), and she was a textile designer.  I remember her sharing with me one of her fabric painting techniques.  I loved it ALL instantly.  It was like finding a new connection to myself.  At summer camp that year I had the experience of making several coil pots and firing them in a pit we dug in the ground.  Although I no longer have those little treasures, I remember them well.  I loved the feel of the clay in my hands, the smell, and how cool it was when it was still damp.  I remember the smoke spots that appeared to dance on the surface of the clay once it was fired.  It was like speaking a whole new language for me; a whole new way of expression.

As time moved on; I studied art whenever I had the chance.  I studied ceramics and design in college (my first time around) but as life sometimes has it, other things took over and I moved onto another path.  Over the years I always went back to being creative when I had the chance.  I was learning to do more with sewing, taking classes in basket weaving, and returning to pottery when I was able - knowing clearly that clay was always my first love.

Today I still love learning new things that help me grow more as a person.  As I continue to do that, I have discovered I am creating more peace within my life by becoming more closely acquainted with my creative nature.  A Peac-A Work was born of this thought.  I wanted an outlet for all of my works to be shared with family and friends as well as others that enjoy the craftsmanship of handmade arts.  A Peac-A Work features the work of several artists that would like to share their creations with the world.  My hope is that you will get to know these artists and enjoy a piece of their work.  –Regi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit the blog!