Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mishaps!

Studio work can be tricky sometimes.  Like moving bone dry work from one area to another OR kiln loading can occasionally end with in mishap.  Knowing this is precisely why my husband is ban from my clay studio space.  He has a fantastic way of putting his finger through something that has just come off the wheel or apply to much pressure when picking up the fragile bone dry work that is awaiting the kiln loading and having it crumble right in his hands.   Knowing full well he, (or any other culprit), does not mean to damage the work in hand, but wishing all the while they would just leave things alone.  It is hard enough not to make my own blunders altering a piece of work right into recycle bin.  Too often curiosity just wins over. My latest casualty  at the hands of another culprit is my porcelain carved plate a work I will definitely have to replicate.  Honestly I do need the practice on plates and there is no better time than now.  -Regi

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to visit the blog!