Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Push


Some times in life we get comfortable.  We go to the closest grocery not because it is the one we like to shop in but it is close and we are saving in gas, right?  Or we get into a routine in our work that just follows a pattern of doing , or worse yet shadowing someone else's  doing and not really taking on our own.  This can be playing it safe in so many ways, especially in art and creativity. Some times we need that push.  That nudge to get things moving in ones own direction.  It is not always an easy thing to take though.  It can come as a shock, or a jolt.  However it has showed up for me over the years it never stops me from taking a look at where I am at present and making changes where needed.  In my creative life there have been several changes over this past year.  Some changes were of my own doing, some as a need to get out routine that suddenly showed up as a rut.  And although change can be hard and transitions are not always quick, I am sitting  mid-swing of some of the bigger changes and it feels like I am heading in a good direction.  Slowing down in some production was a very hard choice to make for right now but I think this time next year I will appreciate the choice and be ready to relocate and set up a new and make some new things happen.  Thanks for the push and here is to the future! -Regi

4 comments:

  1. I just love you. Hey . . when are you going to make some clay chickens? :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickens! Ah, yes. Maybe I do need to create some of my own, seeing as I have been unable to collect that barn full. ;) Lov U too, Anonymous.

      Delete
  2. yes new work but keeping the old standbys too, where are you relocating to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot say for certain at this time but I have narrowed down my choices to two places. I will share just as soon as it is settled!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit the blog!